ULTIMATE AUDITION WORKSHOP SERIES
InnOVATION Arts Academy is offering a three-part workshop series to help you get ready for your next audition! Students may register for one, two or all three sessions. Each session is limited to 8 students to maximize time for individual feedback and coaching. Register now to reserve your spot!
Session 1: Auditioning To Get In - Auditioning for College Programs, Regional Theatre, and Summer Programs
Sunday, February 25, 12:30-4:00pm
- Preparing for the dance call
- Preparing a vocal selection
- Audition etiquette
- Feedback/coaching on your audition material
- Resources to help you prepare for your upcoming audition and for auditions generally
How to prepare for the workshop: Students should prepare a 1-minute audition song prior to the workshop.
Session 2: The Show Audition – Auditioning for a Specific Production
Friday, March 16, 5:00-7:00pm
- How to select the right song for the show and role you are targeting
- How to prepare/practice your song
- How to have a positive, memorable audition
How to prepare for the workshop:
- If you have an upcoming show audition, please bring your selected audition song. Songs should be 16-32 bars in length and no longer than 60 seconds. We strongly recommend preparing a song in advance, and bring your audition book if you have one. However, you do not have to prepare a song to participate.
- If you would like to prepare a song for a specific show audition but do not know what to choose, please email for suggestions.
- If you are auditioning for Madagascar Jr with InnOVATION Arts, target audition songs will be emailed prior to the workshop.
Session 3: Rock the Callback - How to Call Back Strong
Saturday, March 17, 5:00-7:00pm
- The purpose of call backs and how they are different from general auditions
- Mock callback auditions and feedback
- Interview questions/on the spot audition conversations
- Improvisation exercises for on-the-spot audition moments ("do it again, only this time . . .")
How to prepare for the workshop: If you have an upcoming callback, please bring any audition materials you plan to use during the callback (songs should be 16-32 bars in length).
Tuition, Registration & Cancellations
Payment in full is required at the time of registration (credit or debit cards are accepted).
Refunds will be provided only if notice of cancellation is received at least 48 hours prior to the workshop session, or the workshop session is cancelled by InnOVATION Arts.
Single workshop sessions:
- Session 1: $50
- Session 2: $30
- Session 3: $30
Two workshops package:
- Sessions 1 + 2: $75
- Sessions 1 + 3: $75
- Sessions 2 + 3: $50
Three workshops package: $100