Madagascar-A Musical Adventure JR. Performance Camps
Based on the smash DreamWorks animated motion picture, Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. follows all of your favorite crack-a-lackin’ friends as they escape from their home in New York’s Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien’s Madagascar. Students will prepare for a public performance of the musical, and will receive instruction in singing, acting, hip hop and other dance styles.
InnOVATION Arts will take a 15-minute cut of Madagascar – A Musical Adventure JR. to the Junior Theater Festival (JTF) in January 2019. Students who participate in the summer production will have priority consideration for lead roles in the JTF cast.
The public performance of the full production will be on Saturday, July 28th. We will have either one or two performances depending on the number of students enrolled in the Performance Camps. The venue for the performance(s) is to be determined. Please note that this is a ticketed event, open to the public.
Two week camp:
Schedule: July 16-20 and 23-28, 2018, 9:00 am-4:30 pm
Tuition: $500 + $15 costume fee
Age Requirement: 3rd-12th grade
One week camp:
Schedule: July 23-28, 2018, 9:00 am-4:30 pm
Tuition: $275 + $15 costume fee
Age Requirement: K-5th grade
Schedule: July 23-28, 2018, 9:00 am-12:00 noon
Age Requirement 3-5 years old (must be toilet trained)
Auditions for students who enroll in the two week camp:
- Casting auditions will be held on Saturday, June 9th, 10:00 am-1:00 pm (we will ask you to sign up for a one-hour block when the date gets closer). Callbacks will be held in the afternoon, as needed.
- Students must be registered to audition.
- Students will sing a 16-bar or 1 minute song for their audition. They may be asked to read from the script. Students will also participate in a group dance call (a short dance routine will be taught during the dance call).
- Students who are not available on June 9th may submit a video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email for more specific instructions. Videos should be submitted by June 9th to be considered in the initial casting.
- Registration will remain open and video auditions accepted until the camp is full.
- Students enrolled in the one week camp and preschool students do not audition.
Junior Theater Festival Information:
The Junior Theater Festival (JTF) will be held in Atlanta on January 18-20, 2019. Each person who attends (students, parents, chaperones, family members, teachers, etc.) must pay an entrance fee of $235/person. InnOVATION Arts Academy will collect the entrance fees and forms at a parents' meeting on August 25, 2018. Submitting our registration information and entrance fees early ensures that our group will have good seats in the large Broadway Junior auditorium. All families are responsible for their own travel expenses (transportation, lodging and meals).
Students are not required to participate in the Summer Performance Camp to attend JTF. Priority consideration for lead roles in the JTF cast will be given to students who participate in the summer production.