Long Live the Rock Musical
Featuring songs from rock musicals across the ages, students will explore pop and rock vocal styles with musical theatre audition coach and author of Rock the Audition, Sheri Sanders. Special guest choreographer Mary Mason will choreograph numbers from rock musicals such as In the Heights, Hamilton, Spring Awakening, and Rock of Ages.
Students may participate in this camp as a stand-alone training experience or may continue their training during the Fall and Spring Semesters (2018-2019), leading to a trip to Walt Disney World in Orlando during the Spring Semester 2019 for the Disney Performing Arts program. An audition video for Disney will be filmed during the summer program. The program will have a performance for parents on Friday, August 3rd, at 7:00 pm.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, July 30-August 3, 2018, 9:00 am-5:00 pm (*please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a half-day option)
Age Requirement: 6th-12th grade
- Casting auditions will be held on Sunday, June 10th, 2:00-5:00 pm (we will ask you to sign up for a one-hour block when the date gets closer).
- Students must be registered to audition.
- Students will sing a 16-bar or 1 minute song for their audition. Students will also participate in a group dance call (a short dance routine will be taught during the dance call).
- Students who are not available on June 10th may submit a video audition to email@example.com. Please email for more specific instructions. Videos should be submitted by June 10th to be considered in the initial casting.
- Registration will remain open and video auditions accepted until the camp is full.